Advice Please on Replacement Pickups/Electronics for Warwicks

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AndyMan, Nov 28, 2000.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hello Everyone--

I am asking everyone's opninion on replacement pickups and electronics for myb Warwicks.

I own a '98 Dolphin Pro I 4 String, one of the last in Boire Rosewood. Simply put, it is the finest bass I've ever played. I highly recommend it for any style of music, except perhaps blues.

I also own a Streamer Stage II 5 String. Great bass.

Here are a few questions re the Streamer and the Dolphin:

Could anyone recommend replacement pickups and electronics for the Streamer (or for that fact for the Dolphin)? The Streamer has the stock MEC jazz pups and 18 volt electronics, the Dolphin jazz in the neck, and twin jazz/MM in the bridge position, 9 volt MEC.

These respectively are ok, but a bit bland, and, I think, does not do the basses justice. When did Warwick shift from the soapbars in the Streamer 5 to jazz? Anyone compare the two?

So, pros v. cons of:

Lane Poor?

An alternative would be to get the new Fodera 2000 outboard preamp--3 band boost/18 volt, mid bypass, an use the onboard MEC eq flat.

Anyone use a Fodera 2000?

So, I hope this launches a good discussion.

Thanks for listening--

On another note, both these basses just absolutely kick ass through an Ampeg Classic SVT, as well as a Mega Boogie Buster bass 2x10. Warwicks come to life through tube amps.