1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice/ thoughts?.. Sell Status Streamline 5 and buy a Bee 6??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mp40smg, Oct 10, 2016.

1. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    So, to all those out there familiar with Bee basses..

I am really intrigued by the Bee Access (fretless 6) specifically. And the Bees basses generally. I have a Status Streamline 5 (fretless) and thinking seriously about putting it up for sale to buy a Bee.

I have been a 6 string player for a long while and I just can not seem to get a grip on 5s (or 4s) at this point. The streamline really is awesome. Light, great neck, very bright sound, VERY zippy sounding.

But a I am constantly diving for a string that is not there. And my other fretlesses (Turner ren6 and a Campellone 6) are both lined. I am seriously thinking about taking the training wheels off and going naked (no lines), or semi naked (with the short reference point lines).

From the videos and audio I have heard. The Bee and others with the Delano (Marleaux diva) just have that amazing Mwaah. My Turner has a lot of it, The status has some, and my Campellone (with Lane Poor Pups) has none. I am really loving it and in search for what seems like that "Uber Wmaah" the Delano seems to get.

Thoughts?

2. sell me the status