1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice to repair broken neck of acoustic after drop

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bobicidal, Dec 28, 2017.

1. bobicidal

bobicidal

Mar 28, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Hi all,

My poor-old Jasmine ES50C took one fall too many today and the neck broke, pretty good.

I know she is not worth much but I thought it might be a good project for myself and my daughter (she knocked it over last!).

I have some wood glue and a couple of C-Clamps I hope will do the job. Not sure I want to invest much more. Is there a tutorial for this sort of thing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Meghans Dad

Meghans Dad Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2016
    California
    Not sure if I would have the courage to approach that, with the truss rod sticking out and all. Tried wood glue on a purfing repair once on an old Fender acoustic bass; did not hold. Also repaired a snapped off head on a very old Silvertone acoustic using epoxy 2 part glue. Wasn't pretty but has held up well.

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Meghans Dad likes this.
  4. Meghans Dad

Meghans Dad Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2016
    California
    Right about that!