1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Advice with buying a new amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Thanks a lot for reading...

I'm going to be upgrading my amp this week and was hoping you guys had some advice on what direction to go. I was playing a Fender 400 Pro combo on top of an additional 1 X 15 KMD cab. Somebody bought my Fender 400 so I'll be left with just the 15.

With a Tech 21 pre, what I had was probably just loud enough for my band and the type of gigs we play (we're really, REALLY loud). Since recently adding another guitar player I've really had to push it to the limit.

I've thought about keeping the 15 and buying a really nice head for it... otherwise I can sell the 15 too and start from scratch. If I sell just the Fender, I'll have about a grand to spend. What would you guys do? I'm really leaning towards Ampeg right now.

Also, I don't know anything about electronics. What do I need to know to determine how much wattage that 15 can handle?

Thanks in advance for all your help. :bassist:

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    This gig I did this weekend supplied me that head with a 410HE cab. It was rather weak sounding. A Markbass Little Mark II costs $100 less, weighs 35 lbs less and blows it out of the water.