Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sir_gabealot, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    my mum mum says that i should play guitar and quit bass because i quote "basses cant make music???!?!""" wat the hell is that all about?!?! and shes sooo ignorant about this stuff and says stuff that are sooo wrong its not even funny. so she criticizes me and then when she says sumthing stupid at guitar center like "what is gear??" and i say sumthing to annoy her she gets mad?!?!! wat the hell do i do!!!
  2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

When I told my father that I wanted a second bass, he told me to get a guitar instead because he likes it better when I play guitar.:spit: I'm not going to get a guitar just because he likes listening to my play a guitar rather than a bass.
  3. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    yea just rebel against her and don't even waist time trying to convince her bass is cooler like when i grew my hair long my grandma was going on about how i would get beat up because of it and that i wouldn't fit in
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    write songs about how much your parents just don't get you.

or how they just don't understand, as it were.
  5. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    yea when i get rich and famous ill write songs spiting them. im just 13 btw and ive been playin for like 2 years. and 13 year olds no so much more then u think and i hate it when people just dont say wat there thinkin just cuse im thinkin. soo pleeez pleeez just say wat u wanna say
  6. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Such great advice in this thread. It's rivaled only by the impeccable use of the English language.
  7. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    ahahaha is that sarcasm??? i see no impecable use of the english language except for the word impeccable. the rest is spelled wrong and abreviated, making it not impecable at all.
  8. You were 14 yesterday. Keep the story straight.

9. This thread is silly at best.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    If he really isn't Ben Strange, then I fear for the future of America.
  11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Tell your mommy that you love her and you're so happy she's looking out for your best interests. Also tell her that bass players make money because they're needed. There are hundreds of guitarists for every bass player out there, and if you're ever going to make money playing music you need to do it with a bass. Or quit music all together and start playing the drums.
  12. Sir_gabealot

Jun 1, 2005
    thats HORRIBLE. but true. yesterday when i said i was 14 it was a typo
  13. You're a God damn liar.

It needed to be said. Also if you are "13" like you tell us -_-, you need to spend time in summer school practicing how to make a sentence flow, nevermind grammar since it seems to be too advanced for you.

(I await the grammar master, where ar thou?)
  14. :rollno: leave him alone! That had to be said.
  15. I reckon this guy wins though

Punctuation: 2, apostrophes. Surprising. No full stops/periods though.
    Spelling errors: 2
    Misuse of tense: 1 'get beat up'
  16. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Don't join an emo band, that's for sure.

But seroiusly, that's really lame. Say something like "let me be myself" or something like that.
  17. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Good call. Smart off to your mom. That used to work really well for me. :rolleyes:

Advice: It doesn't sound like she was giving you an ultimatum...just her opinion. Until you start paying the rent, she gets to speak her mind. Get over yourself.
  18. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Ya think? The ockashionel spelling mistake is one thing. You're not even trying.
  19. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i knew it! ben strange just couldn't stay away!

20. This has gotta be Ben! No one else is so .........................................dare I say it.....STRANGE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.