1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advices for bass Rig_ read for INFO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by atmon1390, Oct 11, 2017.

1. atmon1390

atmon1390

Jul 14, 2016
    Good day bass players !

I tried to find some informations about my problem, didn't get anywhere.

So i need some advice in order to achieve the best results for my bass tone, without spending too much.

I use a peavey T 40 in combination with a Mesa Boogie Mpulse 600, 600 Watts @ 4 Ohms (320 @ 8 Ohms).

I'd love to have 2 cabinets with 1x15 speakers, for portabilty and sound (i love 15" speakers more than 4x10 cabs).

I'd rather buy used ones instead of new: my budget is 500-600 Euros

Please give me some advices.

BTW i play a sort of Stoner Rock/Heavy Psych music.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  3. atmon1390

atmon1390

Jul 14, 2016
    If I'd have that sum of money, i could buy a Mesa. I need something more affordable, less expensive.

Stumbo likes this.
  4. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    No idea of the availability where you are but the ampeg svt-15e is a good sounding cab that can be had cheap used in the states. Peaveys with bw speakers also are a great value. Depending of where you are in Europe maybe older used trace Elliott cabs can be found. Been awhile since I played their cabinetry but remember liking it in the day.

Stumbo likes this.
  5. atmon1390

atmon1390

Jul 14, 2016
    Thank you for answering: unfortunately, i saw only one of this made in usa, but they are pretty hard to find here in Italy: 4x10 svt's are more common. Peavey are damn good, but the black widows series is also hard to find.

6. I think some more modern 2x10 vertical stack could foot your bill. Have you ever tried any of the Markbass cabs?

Never confuse the tone you get from a 410, on the floor behind you, with a vertical stack of 210.

Being in the home of Italian Poplar plywood and Faital drivers you could DIY some kickarse light cabs also. Plenty of help here if you want to go that road.