advise on fender jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pools, May 6, 2004.

1. pools

Feb 28, 2004
    i 've found a 1978 jazz bass i saw it's photos and it's great but i've known that it's not fact the owner took off the paint(now it's natural) and changed the pick-up......what do you think about it???
    it's convinient buy that bass or it's better to have a new one?
    help...please..!!!!!!!! :help:
  2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I'd buy something else in this case. You don't know what else may have been done to this bass that the photos won't show you.

Just my 2 cents.
  3. True, but some people crave for that broken in feeling only an old bass can give you. That bass shouldn't be more expensive than a regular American Jazz, that's for sure, so I guess it could be a good investment. However, an analysis should be done to check for other changes and or malfunctions.

4. What's the price tag?

5. pools

Feb 28, 2004
    The price is 1100 euros.........!!!!!!!
  6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Given that a brand new MIA Jazz is about 1300 € in Europe, I'd prefer buying one new instead of that non-original '78.
  7. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Since it's been heavily modified, the bass won't hold it's value.

I would buy new or find a better deal.
  8. RMay

Dec 5, 2003
    If the bass were within my reach, I would give it a chance. You could inspect it's playablity, sound, and feel. In addition, you could look for malfunctions or severe changes to the instrument that may effect the current and future playability, such as neck warping.
    If you like everything about it then the bass is worth the investment in my opinion.