AEB Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pruitt, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Michael Kelly 5 string Fretless AEB. I own a MK 4 string fretted and like it a lot, but have never seen one of the fretless versions in any of the stores around here to try. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the MK or any other AEB fretless basses and could offer their opinions? :bassist:

I may be getting involved with some guys doing an Acoustic band that does all originals. I've been seriously gassing for a fretless and thought I might combine the two. heh heh... :D

All comments are certainly welcome!! ;)
  2. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    I played one in my local shop a couple of days ago....nice!

I have a MK fretted 5 string also and the fretles 4 was of the same quality.
  3. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    That's good to hear! Thanks! :)
  4. Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I've been curious about those too. I want to like them, but haven't had an opportunity to try it.
  5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

If you go with the all-acoustic band idea, make sure they let you bring in a small amp for the ABG. As you probably know, most ABGs don't put out enough sound to keep up with more than one acoustic g*itar. I would expect a fretless ABG to have even less volume, as the strings vibrate a little less freely. :(
  6. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Thanks for the tip. I believe the plan in this group (it's an existing group) is to use amps, so no problems there. :)