1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AEB Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pruitt, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I'm thinking about purchasing a Michael Kelly 5 string Fretless AEB. I own a MK 4 string fretted and like it a lot, but have never seen one of the fretless versions in any of the stores around here to try. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the MK or any other AEB fretless basses and could offer their opinions? :bassist:

I may be getting involved with some guys doing an Acoustic band that does all originals. I've been seriously gassing for a fretless and thought I might combine the two. heh heh... :D

All comments are certainly welcome!! ;)

2. marwady

marwady Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Northern Michigan
    I played one in my local shop a couple of days ago....nice!

I have a MK fretted 5 string also and the fretles 4 was of the same quality.

3. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    That's good to hear! Thanks! :)

4. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I've been curious about those too. I want to like them, but haven't had an opportunity to try it.

5. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

If you go with the all-acoustic band idea, make sure they let you bring in a small amp for the ABG. As you probably know, most ABGs don't put out enough sound to keep up with more than one acoustic g*itar. I would expect a fretless ABG to have even less volume, as the strings vibrate a little less freely. :(

6. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Thanks for the tip. I believe the plan in this group (it's an existing group) is to use amps, so no problems there. :)