Aeon Flux

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darkfish01, Dec 2, 2005.

1. darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    What's up with this movie? They supposedly spend 50-70 million and poorly advertize this film that already attracts a very narrow audience. I've heard that it had horrible reviews as well. What gives?
  2. I had really high hpes...but they were dased when the studio wuldn't give reviewers access to screening it...never a god sign.

Now on RT, it's getting nothing but panned hard. I usually don't listen to critics who jump on tha bash bandwagon, but it seems it may either the case of the movie assuming the fans already know what's going on, and I WOULD enjoy it, or the whole thing is such a convoluted mess that I will hate it mre....I'll wait to hear some feedback from people I trust before I venture out...I just can't afford to blow money over something bad at the mo'.....

damn shame.
  3. What is the movie about?
    thats my only problem with the movie is the preview, they don't tell us a premise or even tell us who the bad guy is. All i picked up for the preview is that there is a girl who jumps around, and can control little exploding marbles...i don't get it.
    and at $7.50 for one ticket at the theater, i kinda want an idea what i am going to go see...unless of course that is all the movie is about...
  4. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I saw an "extended" trailer when I went to see another movie. Apparently the plot is about this girl who worked for a goverment agency and then was exiled or something, they killed her family and now she seeks revenge blah blah blah. :rolleyes:
    I think they're hoping that Charlize Theron can bring in the big audiences based on sex appeal alone. She can act, but for her to take on this role is almost a joke as far as I'm concerned. Even after I saw the trailer in the theater I made a mental note to never see it. I suppose a review from a tb'er is in order.

5. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I'm going to see it tonight. My girlfriend has a bunch of friends that are really into all that anime stuff, so we're going to go see it tonight with them. I haven't seen the anime, so I'll let you know how it fares from an outsiders perspective.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No movie will beat the cartoon....never.

7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Why couldn't they make a Maxx movie instead? That would have been much cooler.
  8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Agreed. Although if they had put Theron in some of the costumes from the cartoon... :eek: :D
  9. Where's the Captain Planet movie? That would be sweeet! :p

10. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    So I saw it last night. Really good premise, but the plotline was pretty thin, and there were alot of big things that they should have spend greater detail in, but merely explained later with a passing sentence from one character to another. Charlize Theron did her thing of looking good in tight clothing, of course, but that was about all the movie had going for it, IMO.
  11. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Hahaha :rolleyes:

12. didnt that happen in batman? spiderman(sort of)? the punisher? and probably some other comics im forgeting.. lol
  13. That one where the hero is blind... what was that called... Dare Devil! Was he blind? I can't remember... I think I'm getting it messed up with that show... you know... "Blind Justice" but I don't think that show lasted too long... I would be hard to find a fanbase... you'd think they would have thought of that before they started... whatever...

14. haha i forgot about that one :p

ps.. i just added u to myspace.. :)
  15. Dan1099

Aug 7, 2004
    So i saw the commercial for this one again. When it says "She used to be the governments top agent, until they betrayed her, and killed her family." That never happened. The movie starts with her as a rebel against the government, ostensibly because she is fighting for the people that are "dissapearing." There is no backstory anywhere in the movie that says she used to be a government agent. :rolleyes:
  16. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA

+1 :hyper:

17. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Yeah, it's usually a bad sign when they see the finished product, and decide they want to save on releasing costs (which I guess for this sort of movie should be around $20 million).

Too bad. After Carrie-Anne Moss in the Matrix, I was looking forward to a slinky clad Charlize Therone kicking butt.
  18. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    It's fricken PG-13

That means it can't possibly have the blood to match the cartoon(I'm not sure how they got that on TV really)

And I'm sure she doesn't die at the end....

If Aeon Flux doesn't get isn't Aeon Flux

It's not like her dying would put a stop the idea of sequels if the movie somehow made enough to warrant that(which I'm doubting) would be perfect since that happened in every episode.

I need to buy "The Maxx" on DvD if it's out....anyone know?
  19. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    No Maxx DVD's. You could probably score the VHS on eBay if you really wanted to. The comics (in trade paperback form) are still readily available at most stores, however.
  20. In the Punisher, yes. That was pretty much the point of the movie.

Batman, sort of. If you are talking Batman Begins, then a little bit. He wants revenge against the guy who killed his family, but he doesn't get it(he was going to shoot him but someone else shot him first). Batman and Batman Returns no, he was just trying to protect Gotham City from menaces. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are horrid movies and therefore I shall not be saying anything about them(but no, they don't either...they just suck, stupid Shumacher screwing up a decent movie franchise).