1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AER Amp One VS Mesa Walkabout Combo ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by audiorep2, Nov 15, 2018.

1. audiorep2

audiorep2 Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    The Mesa weighs 21 lbs more and does not have a compressor. The Mesa is tube and has a 12" speaker.
    Which one sounds better with both regular 4 string and Baby bass ?

svtb15 likes this.
  2. htbgen

htbgen

Apr 5, 2007
    Had a WA Scout combo around 12 years ago...didn't like it much as the down-firing woofer created a lot of boom - didn't keep it long - for me, it was a great head & a not-so-great cab. Bought a Amp One around 7 years ago, to replace a B15R. Found the AER to be an absolutely amazing combo - very warm old school tone (quite like a lighter, tighter version of the B15R), great compressor, light & LOUD. I play electric & double bass in many different genres & situations, and would say that the Amp One is pretty hard to beat. If I played in a straight ahead rock band, and had to rely on just a combo, would probably pick the Mesa, purely because of the higher volume...every other situation, AER, hands down.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018