Aero Spilt Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SnakeAnthony, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I've asked this question on here before, but never got an answer. Has anyone tried the Aero Split coil Jazz pickups? They're split coil like a p bass, that are fitted into a J bass cover. I think Nordstrand has a version of them too. Has anyone tried them? Do they actually sound like a P bass?
  2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I realized that no one has responded yet a while I can't help you theres a guy on here who works at (or something like that) who should be able to help you.
    goo dluck.
  3. I seriously doubt that they would sound like a p-bass, because the coils are not staggered. However, there's a strong possibility that they sound "p-bass-like"...but then, don't all jazz basses sound a little like a p-bass with the neck pup soloed?
  4. Idk how much just the solo pickup on the jazz sounds like a P... it dosent have the fat, heavy sound that the P does. Maybe with the right compressor, but just stock, idk. Well, thanks for the help. Anyone else?
  5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Have you tried contacting Larry at Aero pickups?
  6. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Larry at Aero is very helpful and open to any questions. Call him up, or drop him an email.

These pickups are not meant to sound like a p-bass setup, but rather, provide a hum-free jazz bass pickup.