1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aero Y Series pickups for a Yamaha trb6p

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dasto, May 11, 2010.

1. dasto

dasto

Sep 15, 2007
    Switzerland
    Has anybody made any experiences with Aero Y pickups? According to Larry Pollack I have the choice between two types, 4 and 4a. I'm looking for a less harsh tone that's why I want to swap the stock pup's. Up to know I've only found threads about Bartolinis G6 but maybe Aero's could be an option too since they have the right size available.
    Thanks for comments

2. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    No experience with the "Y" series but I've got a couple of their "Type 1" pickups and they're fantastic.

With the models I have (Type 1 Musicmaster & Jazz) the response is pretty even across the spectrum. Whatever I might want to emphasize, it's right there, ready to go.

I'm not sure how the Y series would differ. But given the way Larry's design philosophy has been gelling with my tone goals, and given the build quality on his products I've tried so far, whenever Aeros are available for an axe I want to upgrade, that would be at the top of my list.

Hope this helps.

3. dasto

dasto

Sep 15, 2007
    Switzerland
    Thanks for answering this gives me already an idea.