Aerodyne case ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snappytom, Aug 17, 2005.

1. snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    Long time anonymous lurker - new member/first post.

Can anyone recommend a hard shell case that will fit the Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass ?
  2. Ego

Jan 10, 2004
    AFAIK, it's the same shape as a standard jazz, or close enough as far as the case is concerned.
  3. I was recently hit with a serious wave of GAS for an Aerodyne... they're absolutely dead gorgeous and sound great. Snappytom, have you had any troubles with yours, and/or is anything you've changed on it?
  4. gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Yes, a jazz case will work fine.
    I just played an Aerodyne for the first time last weekend. Nice bass! This was at a Guitar Center and had a fantastic set up - real low, but no noise or buzz. Felt like home. Found a great tone through a SWR 350X and a 15" set flat and the treble on the Aerodyne down 25% or so. Wow...

Hey welcome belatedly to the Forum!
  5. snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    My Aerodyne is on order so ask me again in about a month. Should be arriving in about 1 week from Ishibashi in Japan.

I also fell in love with the Aerodyne when I saw it in a local store. Nice and light, good tone. Did some web research and came across the Japanese non-export versions which really caught my eye with the pickguard, fret markers, and colors other than black. Some like the more "clean" US-market version, I chose the Japanese version in Dolphin Grey. Looks really sharp with the black pickguard and chrome pot cover.

Thanks to these forums I was confident to order directly from the Ishibashi Web Shop. Their international sales agent "Koichi" has been great and language is not a barrier. If anyone is interested in buying Japanese market instruments take a look at their site. The price is also very good, the Aerodyne cost $550 including shipping.

Of course I don't have it yet, but so far the transaction has gone well. This bass will become the top dog in my humble collection.