Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aerodyne case ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by snappytom, Aug 17, 2005.

1. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    Long time anonymous lurker - new member/first post.

Can anyone recommend a hard shell case that will fit the Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass ?

2. Ego

Ego

Jan 10, 2004
    AFAIK, it's the same shape as a standard jazz, or close enough as far as the case is concerned.

3. I was recently hit with a serious wave of GAS for an Aerodyne... they're absolutely dead gorgeous and sound great. Snappytom, have you had any troubles with yours, and/or is anything you've changed on it?

4. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    Yes, a jazz case will work fine.
    I just played an Aerodyne for the first time last weekend. Nice bass! This was at a Guitar Center and had a fantastic set up - real low, but no noise or buzz. Felt like home. Found a great tone through a SWR 350X and a 15" set flat and the treble on the Aerodyne down 25% or so. Wow...

Hey welcome belatedly to the Forum!

5. snappytom

snappytom

Aug 17, 2005
    ChicagoLand
    My Aerodyne is on order so ask me again in about a month. Should be arriving in about 1 week from Ishibashi in Japan.

I also fell in love with the Aerodyne when I saw it in a local store. Nice and light, good tone. Did some web research and came across the Japanese non-export versions which really caught my eye with the pickguard, fret markers, and colors other than black. Some like the more "clean" US-market version, I chose the Japanese version in Dolphin Grey. Looks really sharp with the black pickguard and chrome pot cover.

Thanks to these forums I was confident to order directly from the Ishibashi Web Shop. Their international sales agent "Koichi" has been great and language is not a barrier. If anyone is interested in buying Japanese market instruments take a look at their site. The price is also very good, the Aerodyne cost $550 including shipping.

Of course I don't have it yet, but so far the transaction has gone well. This bass will become the top dog in my humble collection.