1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aerodyne fans?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I bought my first Fender about 4 years ago and it was an Aerodyne. All Black and a cream colored body binding. Sweet. Sounds better then it looks. I went out looking for a certain Fender vibe and out of all the basses, this one had it. I considered selling it but after shelling out $1400 for a new L2k and then another $400 for a better feeling neck, I decided that this bass has the tone that I like best. P/J set up. I get a great P tone. Fat and Beefy. Real nice and then I set the growl up with the J pup at the bridge. Really nice tone.

I see that Fender Japan makes the Aerodyne in other colors and also with a J/J set ups. I'm thinking of picking up one of the JJ ones. Dolphin Gray?:)

2. I picked up an Aerodyne for about a minute last week and loved it - I gotta go back and play it some more.

I really wish they made a fiver though...
    I want a P style fiver!!!!

3. the JJ ones are 32" scale

4. I want to get the big block P-bass, that looks awesome, but right now, I don't have cash.

5. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    There is a medium Aerodyne that I suppose is a 32" scale but there is another JJ style that has a figured top that I do not believe is 32" scale.

In fact the scale given for it is 432. I think its metric. Tell me if I am wrong. Before I order one and can't return it.

6. I had no idea about a figured top version, the only JJ Aerodyne I've seen is the medium scale. Link to the other one?

7. that looks nice.

8. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    It's one of my favs.... maybe sometime in this lifetime I'll get one of em'.... it's on the list w/the bongo 6 string. :D