Aerodyne Jazz ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stinky_UK, Apr 9, 2005.

1. stinky_UK

Feb 3, 2005
    I know it is a love it or hate it bass, but i love the looks of it but have a question about upgrades..
    I love BadassII Bridges, so is the Aerodyne a standard 5 hole spacing bridge so i could swap like for like?
    Also on another thread some guy upgraded to EMG active pups, what set were they please - the one that needed no routing. Here in UK i need to know what set to look for (probably from US to save some cash!)
    Many thanks.
    PS Am I mad of thinking of replacing a Musicman Sterling with this? (but i do need the left over money!) Oo- and has anyone played through a GK RB Series stack with one as it is off the shelf?!
  2. Replacing a sterling with a aerodyne? Yes, i do believe you are nuts.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  4. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I'd go for the Aerodyne over the Sterling if I preferred the sound which I do. Actually the Aerodyne I tried was a pretty nice bass, light, well made and sounded good.

Any standard P or J pickups should fit without routing if you want to upgrade. You may not want to.

Can't tell you for sure about the bridge but it looks like a standard Fender P bridge as found on the Mexican basses. I don't think I'd change it as I haven't found that type of upgrade to produce much improvement.

I think it's a good bass specially when you consider the cost.
  5. Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    Only reason I can think of for the bridge not fitting is because it's countersunk on the radiused body, but then again, Badass brides are supposed to be direct replacements for Fender bridges, so it may work.
  6. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    I'm glad someone mentioned the countersunk part, it looks a little wierd on mine, but I've heard someone saying that it fits with no problem, it might've even been someone here on talkbass. I just spent all day yesterday playing mine (I'm in japan and got the japanese version, LOVE IT) so yeah I couldn't recomend it more :bassist: