Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aerodyne trouble :(

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Blunk, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Blunk

Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey,

i've had a recurring issue with my aerodyne, the input socket/jack(where the lead from my amp goes into my bass) keeps coming "loose".

i've worked out that it sort of "unscrews" itself, the reason being the washer and nut are _flat_ however that are on the body of my bass is _curved_ (a pretty bad design flaw i feel).

the result has been that my bass signal cuts out, i've had to re-soldered the wires in my control cavity 4 times because when the socket twists, it breaks the connections.

does anyone have any ideas on possible solutions? should i get some fantastically strong glue and glue it all in place so it stops turning around?

so far i've just been tightening the washer and nut any time i've noticed its come loose, but its annoying having to constantly keep an eye on that.

it cost me last night at a gig, when the whole thing almost came out when i was was changing a lead between songs.

i'm sorry i don't have a photograph to better illustrate what i mean.

2. I had this happening with my Jbass at one point. If it doesn't have one of those locking washers in it already, try to put one of those on the inside then tighten the sucker down. That might do it.

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  4. JAL

JAL

Dec 15, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Be careful not to overtighten; same thing happened on an old acoustic of mine, broke the wood around the jack. I would suggest going to the hardware store and buying a rubber washer to go between the screw in one; you can tighten it and not fear damage.