1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aerodyne VS Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeliriumTremens, Aug 21, 2007.

1. 1

44 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. 2

56 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. thinking of ordering an Aerodyne from Japan next month but I can't decide what kind! I'm interested in the pickguard-less model (similar to the export ones but without that horrible looking Strat output jack) and the one with a pickguard. I think that hardware/electronics are the same on each. Vote for which you prefer!

2. #1. To me, that's what sets it apart from the rest.

3. tough choice....I'd have to say #2 tho.

4. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    #1. Class.

5. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    A real TB'er would get both.

6. .:chuck:.

.:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    #1... for the record, i really like that strat-style jack... really sets it apart from the rest!

7. gimme the cash for one and I will!

8. To me, #1 looks unfinished, especially in that black. The pickguard on #2 makes it look a lot classier. :bassist:

9. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I like the pickguard, very classic Jazz looking even with the P bass pickup. And if you want in the future you can have another one made for a Jazz bass pickup (not that you couldn't with the other one mind you). I like the no inlays on the first one tho, maybe buy it and a pickguard?

10. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    #2.... the matte black finish won't mark as easily

11. #2 is what we, and by we I mean me, in the business call "Pimp-Status".

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I had #1 and thought it looked really cool, and different than any other Jazz bass. But, in the long run, I traded it off for a Geddy model, much better player.

13. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    #2 for me. Never cared for all black basses, and I like it better with a pickguard.

14. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I've been GASing for #2 for quite a while.

15. Why don't you get the Frank Bello sig? Isn't it basically an aerodyne with better pickups and hardware?

16. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Well I voted #1, but I don't know now, #2 is very nice. It's a hard choice but despite my vote I'd go for number two.

(Why was I so quick to vote....)

17. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Pickguard. I, for one, will always vote for pickguard over no pickguard.

18. Maybe its just me (and my bad eyesight), but the Aerodyne with a pickguard looks like the top is flat (at least in these pics). The top one has an arched top. I voted for #1

19. I voted for #2 because I already have one. The Regular Aerodyne is classy, but I like the pickguard and the metal plate under the knobs. It is still classy and not as dark.

The version with the pickguard does have the arched top also.

20. #2...a real jazz bass always has a pickguard.