1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Jun 23, 2003.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Any clue what pups fender puts in these?

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    its a great sounding/playing bass,had i not have a jazz special i would get one myself.the pick-ups are standard issue japanese pick-ups.

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It sounds so good! I just wish I were man enough to handle the binding!

4. I dunno... the one I played... it sounded kind of thin, you know? The tone and power of a jazz just seemed lacking. Then again, the "jazz" aerodyne has a P/J config.

5. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    a few other people complained about the lack of body contours and how they "hurt" the persons body.i played one for almost an hour(45 mins or so)and i did'nt notice anything uncomfortable.its nice and thin(the body)and hugs the body,i see nodda thing wrong with the basses design. if i was going for a new P/J configuration design in a bass,this is the one i'd buy. in a nut-shell(?:eek: ?:p )this bass is a keeper,one can do far worse than this one when selecting a new bass.

6. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It probably has to do with the way I play it. My arm really hangs over where the binding is on the Aerodyne.