Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aerodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beam, Jun 23, 2003.

1. beam

beam

Dec 29, 2002
    Any clue what pups fender puts in these?

2. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    its a great sounding/playing bass,had i not have a jazz special i would get one myself.the pick-ups are standard issue japanese pick-ups.

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It sounds so good! I just wish I were man enough to handle the binding!

4. I dunno... the one I played... it sounded kind of thin, you know? The tone and power of a jazz just seemed lacking. Then again, the "jazz" aerodyne has a P/J config.

5. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    a few other people complained about the lack of body contours and how they "hurt" the persons body.i played one for almost an hour(45 mins or so)and i did'nt notice anything uncomfortable.its nice and thin(the body)and hugs the body,i see nodda thing wrong with the basses design. if i was going for a new P/J configuration design in a bass,this is the one i'd buy. in a nut-shell(?:eek: ?:p )this bass is a keeper,one can do far worse than this one when selecting a new bass.

6. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It probably has to do with the way I play it. My arm really hangs over where the binding is on the Aerodyne.