Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aerodynes in colors other than black?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 30, 2003.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Anyone seen these? It's still showing black only on the Fender site, but I *know* I've heard of other colors (like gunmetal grey).

I like the way they feel, love the way they look, and think one with an EMG PJ set and a BTC would be killer.

2. They have a nice red one over at Ishibashi.

3. me thinks they would look great in white

(excuse the hasty photoshopping...)

[​IMG]

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]

Mean this one? :p

5. yea, I actually like the Aerodynes as well and was wondering the same, I'm beginning to look for another 4 stringed bass to play w\ again.

6. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Those Aerodynes sound soooo sweet... I just wish they would get rid of the damn binding!

7. hmm, that one has a pickguard and fretboard dots. i thought the aerodynes weren't supposed to have either

8. Why get rid of the binding???...I love the binding!!:D

9. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    The binding really digs into my arm when I play and it really bugs & discomforts me. I don't remember having those problems when I played a Ric though.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Don't know, but the ones marketed in Japan have pickguards and come in more colors.

11. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
  12. hateater

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Woah- I think that Japan is telling me to finish on the neck and the fretboard.

It says, "Matt finish on the neck and fretboard"

Do they mean Matte?

13. ghetto911

ghetto911

Jan 28, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    I would just like to mention that Ishibashi gives absolutely the best bass description I have ever read:

"The looks of this new Fender Japan original made Jazzbass instantly dress you up with the sharp and smart impression for its muscler aerodynamic body. Interesting combination of the 2 Fender Japan original pickups, one for Jazzbass and another for Precision bass, will get you to the world of no boundary for any type of music you play with!!"

14. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Well, the Japanese market basses are halfway there - the colors aren't bad, but I'd prefer the original non-pickguard and non-face dot look. I suspect it'll happen in time...

15. Oh Man! This looks so much better than black, IMHO. :)

Mike

16. The one tplyons posted is really nice. The binding and matching headstock is just perfect. I like the fact that the body seems to be a bit lighter than the pickguard.