1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aeroplane RHCP

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by skaismyhero, Aug 29, 2007.

1. skaismyhero

skaismyhero

May 21, 2006
    Dayton Ohio
    yea so anybody got an accurate tab? I got the basic idea, but the double slap pop after the root is really messing me up

2. Deanstm

Deanstm

Aug 25, 2007
    Dublin
    Poertab Editor has a very accurate tab for it...

You'll find it here at http://www.powertabs.net

You might have to register an email with them but the software is free and so are all the tabs.........

There's a huge database of songs and you can find mostly anything that has been submitted by people.

The great thing about it is you can listen to it and follow the tab on screen instead of trying to work from a printout!!!

As for the technique, slow down the verse riff to an unimaginable speed, might be difficult at first but if you can get it down at a slow speed first and work it up it should be fine.

I remember when I was younger and trying to figure it out, very annoying when you are young and want to things immediately but as I said, learn it slow and build it up and you should be fine!!!

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    The most accurate tab you'll find for that will cost ya about $15 in any music store. They've got lots of chili pepper books including One Hot Minute, and greatest hit books that include Aeroplane.

4. Really tough song for me I can't get the double slap or the timing exactly right.

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Wow thats a super cool program! Thanks for that!

6. Deanstm

Deanstm

Aug 25, 2007
    Dublin
    No problem, and the beauty is that you can copy and paste a section of the tab into a new sheet and change the speed of the notes to get really tough parts down slow before working them up.

Plus you have the facility of a metronome and you can change the tunings and instruments!!!

I'd recommend this if you don't want to go out and buy the tab book.....

Plus the tabs are printable and print exactly like tabs from tabulature literary!!