Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Affordable 6-string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Dorau, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Hello Guys,

I'm thinking of buying an affordable but good quality 6-string. A few days ago I tried a Washburn RB 2602 at Key Music (near Antwerp, Belgium).
    It sounded nice, but the stringspacing was a bit too narrow for me. Also, it seemed that this bass had a low output signal - I played through a SVT3pro and the 'clip'-led almost didn't light up...

I also would like to try a Spector Professional Series NS 2000 Q6, so I can compare these two basses. Does anyone of you have one or played one? Are the Spector Professional series any good? Where are they build? South Korea?

Or maybe you can recommend me some other fine affordable (let's say about €/$ 800-900) 6-string basses, please let me know...

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The Ibanez budget BTB falls in your price range and is decently made. It has 1/4" string spacing at the bridge. Just be sure that you like the preamp.

3. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I believe that the "affordable" Spector is made in Korea. It's still a nice bass.