1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Affordable Bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Faddy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Faddy

Faddy

Jun 8, 2003
    I did a search on 'affordable bows' but came up with a few topics that didn't talk specifically what I was searching for.

Bein new to the bowing, I need to know what is a fairly affordable horsehair bow. I know for a fact that I have a carbon fiber (I believe) bow. But I would like to experiment ,and use for some auditions, a horse hair bow.

I'm willing to spend 100-200 dollars on a bow. And is there any particular brand of rosin that works very well with HorseHair bows?

Sry if there already is a topic, I did a quick search.

-Faddy

2. If my bow search is any indication, forget the price and just keep playing them till you find one you like.
    I havent found one I like better than my brazilwood worth around 200.00 and that includes 1000.00+ pernambucos

What kind of carbon fiber do you have? Sure it's not fiberglass? conventional wisdom says cf bows are better than wood for the money you want to spend.