Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Affordable Bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Faddy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Faddy

Faddy

Jun 8, 2003
    I did a search on 'affordable bows' but came up with a few topics that didn't talk specifically what I was searching for.

Bein new to the bowing, I need to know what is a fairly affordable horsehair bow. I know for a fact that I have a carbon fiber (I believe) bow. But I would like to experiment ,and use for some auditions, a horse hair bow.

I'm willing to spend 100-200 dollars on a bow. And is there any particular brand of rosin that works very well with HorseHair bows?

Sry if there already is a topic, I did a quick search.

-Faddy

2. If my bow search is any indication, forget the price and just keep playing them till you find one you like.
    I havent found one I like better than my brazilwood worth around 200.00 and that includes 1000.00+ pernambucos

What kind of carbon fiber do you have? Sure it's not fiberglass? conventional wisdom says cf bows are better than wood for the money you want to spend.