Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Affordable Rackmount Case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Nov 28, 2005.

1. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Hey all, I'm looking in to getting a 5 space rack case. Can anyone point me in ther right direction when it comes to these? Here are some of things I will have

SWR 350x amp - 2space
    dbx266xl compressor - 1space
    korg dtr-1000 tuner - 1space
    Furman Power Conditioner - 1space

any help would be great

D

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    You're going to have a little tougher time finding a 5-space, unless you find one on eBay or some other site for used gear that someone had specially made. I'd say go for a 6, so you'll have a little more flexibility if you want to add/remove any gear, and you'll have an easier time finding a case. Next, what level of protection do you want?
    Try looking here to get an idea of the different levels of protection/weight/price/etc.

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Gator makes a 6 space with a built in power strip, and IIRC that leaves 5 open spaces.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    SKB is real popular, I use Road Ready, I like the wood and metal. SKB's are injection molded but they are fine and a little cheaper. Gators are fine too. There are others.