1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Affordable semi or full hollow body basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PostFusion, Aug 5, 2012.

1. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    I gave up on the search for the 5-string, as they are all out of my price range, unfortunately.

So can anyone recommend a good semi-hollow/hollow body basses with the $140-200 range?
    $200 is a stretch though...

Again, help is much appreciated.

2. lowendrv

lowendrv

Dec 12, 2007
    SoCal
  3. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    Used is just fine as long as it isn't going to need major repairs. Unfortunately, I can't often tell with the information given on Ebay.
    As long as its playable and hasn't been damaged to the point of being an eyesore, its all good.

I have searched Ebay and found some good ones, but I thought you guys might do better at recommending me some.

4. jhg7971

jhg7971

Aug 5, 2012
    Does it have to be hollow? There are tons of basses in that range that are great values and aren't hollow

5. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    For the ability to play without an amp when I go places, and just to practice on, I would prefer semi-hollowed or hollow.

I was looking for a 5 string version, as in my previous thread, but it turns out they aren't very easy to come by, aside from Ktone's, which I honestly don't trust at all.
    So a 4 string would suit me well for both electric and (less audible) acoustic.

Sorry if this inconveniences you in any way.

6. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
  7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
  8. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    @Gjbass
    Cool recommendations, but I can't do acoustic, a tad to bulky for me. I want the slick look of the hollow bodies, as well the nice electric sound of them.

@3234718
    Both very cool, indeed. I'm very short on money as of right now, and can't pull off much more. I'm even chipping into this as a gift with $68, which is all I have :/
    But I'll consider those.

But isn't Rogue better with "starter" instruments?

9. You won't find a better deal than this

10. I found yhis on eBay a few weeks back. I got
    it for $255. Its an Ibanez Artcore AGB140. There
    are deals like this (some better deals too) all over
    if you look. Look at eBay, Craigslist and Guitar Centers
    used section online.

Photo58.

Photo60.

11. This is on GC used section for $299. I sure you can talk them down a bit. I have
    bought several used items from GC and never paid asking price for any.

[​IMG]

12. PostFusion

PostFusion

Aug 2, 2012
    Really, really cool bass you have, there!
    But I've already found a bass since this thread was made, thanks!