Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Affordable university/colleges that offer bass programs (performance)...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Oct 23, 2004.

1. I'm in the process of deciding where I want to go in the following year or so...I definately would like to study music, but I unfortunately am not able to spend tons (ie:20K+ per year) on school...

So I was wondering what schools out there offer (good) bass programs at a not-so-unreasonable price? I'd be looking at performance mainly...preferably a school where I could get a degree or at least build towards one.

I know there's a past bass player article that gives info, but thats more of a 'surface scratching' than anything.

I would prefer going through a university since it's typically much more afordable, but I am not particularly opposed to non-univ. music schools...

Any suggestions or ideas for places to look into would be greatly appreciated.

~Graham

2. I don't think you can find any public school that has out-of-state tuitition below $20k, and a private school won't either, so look at schools in Wisconson.