1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Affordable university/colleges that offer bass programs (performance)...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Grahams Groove, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove Severe GAS problems. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    I'm in the process of deciding where I want to go in the following year or so...I definately would like to study music, but I unfortunately am not able to spend tons (ie:20K+ per year) on school...

So I was wondering what schools out there offer (good) bass programs at a not-so-unreasonable price? I'd be looking at performance mainly...preferably a school where I could get a degree or at least build towards one.

I know there's a past bass player article that gives info, but thats more of a 'surface scratching' than anything.

I would prefer going through a university since it's typically much more afordable, but I am not particularly opposed to non-univ. music schools...

Any suggestions or ideas for places to look into would be greatly appreciated.

~Graham

2. I don't think you can find any public school that has out-of-state tuitition below $20k, and a private school won't either, so look at schools in Wisconson.