Affordable wireless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gecko 5, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

Can anyone reccomend a good reliable .affordable wireless ?
    A couple of years ago a good friend gave me an Audio Technica 1100 Series unit that is VHF . Everyone tells me UHF is the way to go . I never had a reception issue , but the problem I am having is it seems the lower notes are distorting .
    I tried changing batteries . Messing with the squelch .
    I don't know if I'm having trouble because its just an older unit .
    Is anyone familiar with the 1100 Series / R11 reciever ?
    I hear Nady are crap . True ? I know they make a system just for bass .
    Any advice in general would be greatly appreciated .
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I don't like Audio Technica OR Nady. At all. I bought a cheap Nady last year and returned it because it compresses the sound really bad.

By far, Samson's Stage 55 is the best cheap wireless you can get. Yes, it's VHF, and UHF gives you the option of changing channels, but I've used my VHF Samsons all over the country and the only place I ever had a problem is in Atlanta. Guess they have a lot of TV channels there.
  3. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
  4. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

I'm in the process of selling some stuff . I guess $200-$250 .
    My band uses the Carvin in-ear system , and it works great .
  5. I tried the Nady and sent it back. Terrible unit but for $119.00, I really didn't expect much. I then bought a Carvin for $280.00 out the door. The Carvin was way better but there were problems with parts missing on the transmitter (batterey cover and a button for the transmitter holder). The unit was slightly hissy. I talked to Carvin and just sent the unit back. I bought a Sennheiser model #EW172-G2 for $400.00. What a great unit! Very quiet and clear. Nice package all together. Sennheiser recommended it to me for my bass. I am sold on the Sennheiser, excellent product! A little more money but well worth it plus a 1 year warranty, Carvin only had a 90 day. YMMV.