Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AFI-Sing the Sorrow

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Feb 21, 2003.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    New AFI album, entitled Sing the Sorrow. It comes out 3/11/03. You all should get it because I've heard all of it and it's amazing. Better than their other albums. Go to www.afireinside.net to hear the new single "girl's not grey". Now discuss!

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Yeah afi are amazing, cant wait for there next album, davey says its gonna be more heavy, with melodic bits,..it should be better than art of drowning and BSITS-S

3. Never got into them...they're alright...sometimes it seems like they're trying to hard to be the misfits. dunno...

Dillinger Four's better, IMO.

4. definitely. the singer even mimicks danzig's body movements and such.

5. heh... those guys payed my old punk band in copies of their first 45 when we opened for them years ago... we didn't really like them, so our girlfriends ended up with the records... now, it looks like that pressing is worth about $95 a copy. i feel dumb.

6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    ehhh...I dislike how everyone thinks davey is some sort of wannabe-danzig, because he isn't. Davey is a big fan of Misfits/Danzig/Samhain etc...but Davey is wayyyy more melodic than danzig.

3 crotch grabs...that really sucks! their old vinyl's are worth alot now. their first one, Dork, is sold for around $900 a peice on ebay now!:eek:

7. i havent heard any of the new songs, but everyone I know whose hear "girl's not grey" (about 15 people) all told me the same thing: It sucked hardcore. I hope the album will be good.

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    "i havent heard any of the new songs, but everyone I know whose hear "girl's not grey" (about 15 people) all told me the same thing: It sucked hardcore. I hope the album will be good."

This is how alot of people have been reacting, saying AFI has gone "soft" and whatnot...but really "girls not grey" is awesome. Whenever a band comes out with a cd that's different than their other ones, people always get all upset and think it's cool to not like it. If you listen to Art of Drowning theres about 4 or 5 "softer" or "slower" songs on that. You may be suprised with Sing the Sorrow...Davey does lots of hardcore screaming on it.

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    <-------------Just read over there.

10. i listened to this yesterday, and i was floored. i REALLY liked this cd. good good good cd. it was only 5$ at bestbuy when i bought it too.

11. i listened to it yesterday at tower records and i have one question...

when did a decent punk band turn into an awful 1980's goth band?

oh my god that album is terrible. i'm all for moving forward with your sound, but this is not what i was expecting. the synth sounds are the cheesiest i've heard since chicago topped the charts. and the production on that album is absolutely dreadful.

someone needs to burn down 924 gilman before something like this happens again.