1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

After 23 years......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringgirl, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ......my first Fender P-bass! Just never found one that I liked well enough I guess.

BlueAgaveFender2.

BlueAgaveFender1.

Nothing special. 2004 MIM Agave Blue. But I really like it!:bassist:

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    I like that color alot.. Looks sexy, a P is def on my wish list..

3. lowendgenerator

lowendgenerator

Mar 26, 2006
    CHI/NWI
    Welcome to warm and fuzzy bass love happiness! I like that color too! Agave Blue is one of the only colors I like with a white pickguard. Nice score!

4. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    about frikkin time!!!

Just kidding, nice bass.:D

A P-bass might be next on my to-own list.

5. Thanks for the compliments guys! I like the white PG too, but I may replace it with a white pearloid one. Subtle difference, but with the paint having a slight sparkle to it, the pearloid might look pretty nice!

6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I have a few female bassplayer, friends.

Some just don't dig the bigger P-style neck.
    And yes, I have said the they can be made with jazz profile necks.

The just started, out on jazz basses.

Congrads, on your first P-bass.
    I know you will learn to love the P-tone.
    It's addictive.

7. LOL Mojo! I think it will be OK for me. I learned to play on a Peavey T-40! :D

I have a Peavey Millenium as well and the neck feels soooo small! And I guess the biggest neck I have right now is an EBMM SUB.

8. I have your basses fretless brother!

DSCN1228.

I wanna try and find a Blue Agave P to go with my Jazz... maybe double Darkstar it...

9. Hey Tbird! Nice set of twins there! And the pearloid pickguard does look nice on the Agave Blue!:D

10. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Beautiful! I think the pearloid will look awesome on that bass, give that extra touch of class :) As Mojo-Man said, P's are addictive. When I get pics of mine (new natural finish Aerodyne P) I will start a thread. In the meantime enjoy that bass!

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    +1

12. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    I just got my first P-Bass too (a fretless) and it sounds awesome. I think that Agave Blue is itching for tort (or maybe black) for some reason I think it looks cooler than white in an unconventional way.

13. A mirrored PG has crossed my mind as well! You know that would look hot!

14. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very Maiden-ish! Very cool....

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats from a P-bass lover. (See AV.) Ain't no shame in rocking a MIM, and I really like that color.:cool:

16. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I liked where you were going with the white pearloid. IMO, mirror guards look better on darker colors like black or red. Also, to the tort suggestion, I really like blue/tort on basses with smaller p/g's than a P (jazz, 'Ray), but on a P the guard is so huge it just seems like there would be too much tort and it would take away from the blue.

Of course, its your bass and you should do whatever will make you happy!

17. You read my mind Christle! I haven't even had it 24 hours and I'm headed over to the Chandler site to price a mirrored pickguard! I guess I need to order a Badass II and a Quarter Pounder while I'm at it? :bassist:

18. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Pretty much required, don't you think ;)

19. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    I just traded a blue agave Fender MIM P, it had a Sprague Orange Drop tone cap and a Badass II bridge. It's now hanging up at the local Guitar Center.

20. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    MMMmmmm...Mirror PickGuards.
    JenniBass1.