1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

After 24 years - I have a 1987, made-in-Japan "set"...pretty stoked!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vicenzajay, May 20, 2012.

1. Very excited about these two instruments together. The bass is my first electric bass - a 1987 Made in Japan (Fujigen factory) Fender Power Jazz Special...I bought it in 1988 new, and it's been a phenomenal go-to instrument for 24 years at this point. It's been ALL over the world as well - never missed a beat.

Just a few months ago, I had the opportunity to buy the Strat on TGP - you guessed it, a 1987 Made in Japan (Fujigen factory) Fender Stratocaster..completely stock. The guitar took a bit of work and a complete setup/etc., but it is playing nicely now and sounding superb!

I feel VERY blessed to have these two instruments - the color schemes are perfect for the set, and they both are superb guitars - made in Japan Fenders from 1985 to 1988 are real treasures, and both of these live up to the hype!

JapaneseDuo2.jpg

JapaneseDuo3.jpg

2. arsie

arsie

Jan 19, 2011
    Singapore
    Woot reverse P