After 40+ years, I can actually do it!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

The Male Chorus asked me to sing and play this Sunday instead of just playing bass. I have never been good at singing while playing, but this looks like it will work. I know I am no great singer, but I am happy with my progress.

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    it’s funny. when i was young and dumb i could be in front of any size crowd and sing while playing.
    as i progressed on bass i put all my focus on playing and, lately, can barely sing backup vocals.
    thanks for the inspiration!

ThudThudThud and Dr. Cheese like this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It’s funny how that works, isn’t it?

ThudThudThud and pacojas like this.
  4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    That’s awesome I learned how to sing with my bass by anchoring keywords from the lyrics on key notes of my bass that way if I wasn’t at that note when I was singing that word I knew I was off laugh out loud just keep practicing singing while you’re playing and It’ll come easier and easier I used to be so impressed with people who could do that and now I can do it while playing fretless.

pacojas and Dr. Cheese like this.
  5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Dr. Cheese,

giphy.gif

EatS1stBassist and Dr. Cheese like this.
  6. Your passion and love for playing and music continues to inspire me.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021