1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

After A great Show

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by j.a.e.r.i.p, Feb 24, 2008.

1. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    I just got home from a sweet show with my band and another band. our band was killing. we were about five or six times more rehearsed than usual (we like to improvise, we're lazy) and we had a bunch of great sit ins. rappers delight, i want you back, signed sealed delivered, move on up/touch the sky, soul intro/the chicken (JACO!) it was an absolute blast. my question is; we played a bunch of fresh material and people liked it, what do you do to keep material fresh and exciting so as not to play the same old boring crap?

2. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Whenever we have a week with no gigs, we add a song. We're only looking to gig about every other weekend so we have a lot of weekends free. The rule is 1 new song for every weekend not played. If we have 3 weekends off, which we do due to family obligations, 3 new songs must be put together ar our next practice.

3. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    For that rare "cover band" gig, we plan ahead and learn anywhere from 5-12 new covers before the show. It always pays off.

4. 2lim

2lim

Feb 25, 2007
    My band has 5 full 45 minute sets of covers prepped and ready to go. This way if we run a 2 days in a row at the same club kind of gig(normally 3 sets each night) we only need to double up on 1 sets worth of tunes on the 2nd night and we have 2 sets worth of material we didn't play before.

We also make a point of learning any new "huge" songs that come out. You know the kind that all the radio stations play just cause it is taking the world by storm(for a week or two until someone write a new hit lol)

Simon