1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

After a MIA Jazz Deluxe V string...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by johnpaulbass, Nov 10, 2006.

1. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    I'km considering to sell mine Fender Jazz Deluxe 5 string made in USA 1999, maple neck, sunburst...

After this bass what should I get... I would like to stick in the "j bass" area... possibly 5 string ... in the price range
    1000-1400 $

Lakland Darryl Jones maybe !? ...
    MusicMan Stingray !?...

I'm also conisdering to switch to passive after long years of active basses.. (also I own a MTD so there I'm covered quite well :D)

please give me some options...

2. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I went from this bass to a G&L L-2500 years ago and never looked back.

danman

3. If you're looking for a j-bass and considering passive you could check out used Mike Lull's, some are passive and some have a preamp with bypass and passive tone knob. I had one with a pre and I used it as a passive bass most of the time, it was great. The Lakland DJ is another great one, as is the Joe Osborn. So many good J-style basses out there, you won't have trouble finding a good one.

4. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia

In fact I've sold mine G&L for this bass ;)

5. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    a bassist from Italy offered me a SPECTOR ns5 1990 ... flamed maple, rosewood, shaller tuners, neck thru, emg activ pickups...
    which is a trade that I was not considering yet.. but you know.. it kinda surprised me...

should I go for it ?! ...

6. Lakland Joe Osbourne 5 with an Audere 2 Band active pre.

Smoking bass!

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

If you are considering a passive jazz, I think you should look at the Skyline Daryl Jones 5 and Joe Osborne 5. The ones I have played really impressed me.