1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

after all is said and done does the $200 Rogue LX-400 Pro rate highest?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass V, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    like most, I'd guess, I routinely dismiss Rogue instruments and suddenly come across this video which sold me with the first sounds (2min) then came everything else delicious (also a promo for the little Hartke amp and his recording tech knowing videos are deceiving) but damn this bass gets great sounds and most important it looks cool lol who's put in time with the active 400 or it's newer extension the Series III to know if this lowly Rogue is not only punching higher than it's price range but maybe into the big leagues?

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i've never owned one, but i wouldn't hesitate to try one if the 'specs' were right...and if i had the need for another instrument (i don't). but the bottom line for me: i'm not surprised!

their fretless cheapie ($99-$129) has had my eye for a long time. i just don't need another ax!

3. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    this should have been the 2nd half of my op cos even tho I have more basses coming I was just amazing last nite at how satisfied I am with my bass family, and always have been from day 1, yet I can't stop listening to this video! lol for $200 I gotta scrounge one up and find out.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:thumbsup:

and: you shouldn't be afraid to consider any 'upgrades' you might prefer if the form/feel is right for you. but it sounds great in that video. ;)

Bass V likes this.
  5. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    that's more points in favor of seriously questioning the merits of this bass if it holds up to what the video displays cos I have more basses and 4str sounds than even God needs but then I hear this crummy thing and if blindfolded I'd simply have to have this $1,000 bass lol you just never know, those Mitchell's have their fans and I've wanted to try one as well, but even with the expected poor QC and hit or miss from such cheapos this Rogue sounds like a million bux!

jd56hawk likes this.