1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

After all of these years...the Bass Pod still works! ;) Robert Deleo STP Clinic

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I really enjoyed STP and Roberts playing. He has some great basslines! I was surprised years ago when I saw his live rig. A Line 6 Bass Pod XT Pro and QSC poweramps into Ampeg 8x10s.
    Still sounds great to me! :) As the sayin goes "if it ain't broke..." I may have to dust off my Bass Pod Xt and have another go at it. ;)
    Heres a great video of a clinic with Robert. My apologies if this has been posted already...

Best wishes,
    Brent

2. sundaytrucker

sundaytrucker

Feb 2, 2008
    STP basically broke it big right around the time I picked up the bass and started learning. I was so drawn to his playing back then and I still am today. This video is awesome Brent, huge thanks for posting this!

cataract and BrentSimons like this.
  3. I have an xt live thats 10 yrs old and still works

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. aigman

aigman

Jun 5, 2004
    I actually sold my XT awhile back and totally missed it! Bought a Pod X3 Live on the ‘Bay and it goes with me everywhere now. I love the Big Ben 18” speaker emulation with the GK... gives a really sluggish, warm top end. I read years ago that DeLeo used an Alembic preamp to get a Chris Squire tone. Will have to try that emulation sometime.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    WOW, thanks for sharing ... great guy, great bass player ... i really enjoyed this video!

BrentSimons likes this.
  6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks for posting, Brent! At +1 hour, I'll make sure to check it out, once I'm home...

... I gotta make it look like I'm doing something at work, right?

BrentSimons likes this.
  7. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Yeah, he has a great groove. Really classic lines.

cataract and BrentSimons like this.