After holding off, Now I'm Sadowsky NUTS!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kevinlane, May 10, 2005.

1. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    I've been holding off from buying a Sad 5 for years.
    I'm picky, and I'm a pro, meaning I'll use it daily, two or three gigs sometimes.

Well I broke down today and put a deposit down on a NEW MS5 59burst, cool. Looking forward to it.

THEN, . . . I go online and see a MV5 car for sale as a demo.
    Ths was my second choice of color. Crap, save money, acheive objective?!!? So I've ordered it

SOoo, Now I have 2 sadowsky Metros on order.

Any observations or condemnations or support for a NUT who finally broke down in a big way??!!!?? :confused:

Looking to hear from Sad owners out there.

PS Will HAVE TO HAVE the VTC on both or whichever I keep

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your in store for a whole lot of bass, their really excellent basses congrats. :bassist:
  3. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Your in for a bunch of bass!!!
    I happen to know where there is a MS5 demo/used as well. Not my bag the maple/ash thing, but it's sweet!!!!

BTW, played a RV4 yesterday......selling a Victor Bailey Jazz if anyone is interested!!!!!
  4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    My wife is jealous of my Sadowsky. I had never played one, but emptied the piggy bank for one. I'm glad I did.
  5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    They are nothing short of addictive! Congrats you will enjoy!
  6. I hear ya.....I ordered a AAAA Caramel Burst Swamp/Birdseye Maple necked NYC 4 on Friday and am just waiting to get a few body pics to choose from....Major that unfinished body of yours did not help one bit...that thing is gorgeous!!!! I hope I am lucky enough to get something as nice....

Congrats Kevin and Welcome to the is addictive, I am glad you went ahead and got the pair to start with that way you won't GAS for the second one!!!!!! LOL!

AJ....I REALLY wish I had of bought that Sadowsky you got...she is Super Sexy!!!

7. You'll be a happy camper.
    Welcome to camp.
  8. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    You'll like them. The Sadowsky 5-string neck is super easy to play. :)
  9. You won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my Sad. less than a yaer ago and I'm already want another one...when will it end????!!!! The GAS I mean.
  10. Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Congrats, you'll never be happier. I've been using a Metro for a couple of months now, best bass Ive ever used. Ive ordered a Spalted Maple 5-24 in '59 burst since and I cant wait.

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    You're gonna be one happy puppy with those babies. I've had my MS5 for 7 months now and I can't get enough of it. Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Tom, Roger picks a good top i am sure you will get something great.You would rather have the above mentioned then the P5?.
  13. Major....This is fulfilling a need for a bass I ordered from Roger last year and had to cancel due to a health scare (thought I had a stroke and was partially paralyzed on my left side for about 4 months!) Here is a pic of it:

I REALLY wanted this bass at the time and I have decided that I will get this one right now and add a P bodied PJ5 later (unless I see something that GRABS me in the meantime) I keep watching the site for something to reach out to me like my current NYC Vintage 4 in my Avatar did...

Sorry to digress from the thread Kevin BUT as you can see we have the same DISEASE LOL!!!

Attached Files: