Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

After holding off, Now I'm Sadowsky NUTS!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kevinlane, May 10, 2005.

1. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    I've been holding off from buying a Sad 5 for years.
    I'm picky, and I'm a pro, meaning I'll use it daily, two or three gigs sometimes.

Well I broke down today and put a deposit down on a NEW MS5 59burst, cool. Looking forward to it.

THEN, . . . I go online and see a MV5 car for sale as a demo.
    Ths was my second choice of color. Crap, save money, acheive objective?!!? So I've ordered it

SOoo, Now I have 2 sadowsky Metros on order.

Any observations or condemnations or support for a NUT who finally broke down in a big way??!!!?? :confused:

Looking to hear from Sad owners out there.

PS Will HAVE TO HAVE the VTC on both or whichever I keep

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Your in store for a whole lot of bass, their really excellent basses congrats. :bassist:

3. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Your in for a bunch of bass!!!
    I happen to know where there is a MS5 demo/used as well. Not my bag the maple/ash thing, but it's sweet!!!!

BTW, played a RV4 yesterday......selling a Victor Bailey Jazz if anyone is interested!!!!!

4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    My wife is jealous of my Sadowsky. I had never played one, but emptied the piggy bank for one. I'm glad I did.

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    They are nothing short of addictive! Congrats you will enjoy!

6. I hear ya.....I ordered a AAAA Caramel Burst Swamp/Birdseye Maple necked NYC 4 on Friday and am just waiting to get a few body pics to choose from....Major that unfinished body of yours did not help one bit...that thing is gorgeous!!!! I hope I am lucky enough to get something as nice....

Congrats Kevin and Welcome to the Club...it is addictive, I am glad you went ahead and got the pair to start with that way you won't GAS for the second one!!!!!! LOL!

AJ....I REALLY wish I had of bought that Sadowsky you got...she is Super Sexy!!!

Peace,

T

7. You'll be a happy camper.
    Welcome to camp.

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    You'll like them. The Sadowsky 5-string neck is super easy to play. :)

9. You won't be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my Sad. less than a yaer ago and I'm already want another one...when will it end????!!!! The GAS I mean.

10. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    Congrats, you'll never be happier. I've been using a Metro for a couple of months now, best bass Ive ever used. Ive ordered a Spalted Maple 5-24 in '59 burst since and I cant wait.

Enjoy!!!

11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    You're gonna be one happy puppy with those babies. I've had my MS5 for 7 months now and I can't get enough of it. Enjoy Enjoy!!!!!

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Tom, Roger picks a good top i am sure you will get something great.You would rather have the above mentioned then the P5?.

13. Major....This is fulfilling a need for a bass I ordered from Roger last year and had to cancel due to a health scare (thought I had a stroke and was partially paralyzed on my left side for about 4 months!) Here is a pic of it:

I REALLY wanted this bass at the time and I have decided that I will get this one right now and add a P bodied PJ5 later (unless I see something that GRABS me in the meantime) I keep watching the site for something to reach out to me like my current NYC Vintage 4 in my Avatar did...

Sorry to digress from the thread Kevin BUT as you can see we have the same DISEASE LOL!!!

Peace.

T

Attached Files: