Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AFTER INCASE

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by brooklynbassguy, Oct 19, 2005.

1. brooklynbassguy

brooklynbassguy Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2004
    maplewood, nj, usa
    Now that Incase is no longer in the gigbag business, and what a brilliant design, who's picking up the slack?

2. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I am a REALLY big fan of my Gig Skinz bag.

3. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Im getting a protec contego case delivered some time today.It's a similar design and mike lull uses it for his bass's. when i get it in i'll post a review

4. I've heard some good things about the higher end ritter bags.

ritter-bags.com (0I think)

5. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    So i got my Protec contego bass case/gig bag today.First impression is that it looks very similar to a incase slim bag but is constructed somewhat differenly.the main difference is the lack of neck bracing on the inside,i put my largest bass in the case(a '35 scale neck fairly heavy custom)and it fit but barely.it's lighter than a incase and seems to be well made with good zippers and pockets so we will see how it holds up after i start knocking it around for a few weeks price $99.20 with free shipping

6. Yeah, I bought an RG9000 for roughly $100. I've had it for a few months and have been very happy with it. The pockets are huge and I can actually hook my Ultimate Genesis GS-100 stand on it and carry everything (straps, cables, stand) but an amp all in or on my gigbag. It's great. Plus, it has over 1" of padding.

One big thing to note, though, is that the interior is not a plush lining like most gigbags. It's a smooth nylon or something. I've never seen it before in a gigbag, so I suppose it would come down to personal preference. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, so I've been happy with the bag overall. Seems to be holding up just fine after a few months.

Also, my only complaint is that it has one "weak spot" if you have a large bass on the inside. The upper horn of my (full-size body) Jazz Bass runs almost right along the zipper line, but it's also right where the gigbag handle is, so hopefully it won't get bumped there. My StingRay5 fits just perfectly inside it, though.

7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I'm a big fan of the Incase cases too and just sent them an e-mail a while back. Here are the replies I got...

Hello,
    At this time, Incase has turn off the ability to purchase guitar products
    through the web because we are currently out of stock on all guitar
    products. We have stopped product as our designers look into possible
    redesigns and/or refreshes to the current line up of Incase guitar bags.

If desired, I can add you to our email list so that Incase can update you on
    any changes to the future guitar products as well as future availability.

Thank you,
    Jared

All cases are sold out. We have a select number of resellers, all who have
    requested more product and are waiting until we can finish the redesign and
    have more manufactured. I will add you to the list and email you as soon as
    I have more news.

Thank you,
    Jared

---------------------------
    Jared Gilstrap
    Customer Service Manager
    626.338.6400x13
    jared@goincase.com
    www.goincase.com

Let's hope they get back up in production soon!

8. The Incase gig bags were awesome! We happen to have one left in the shop. It's priced at $250 including standard shipping in the US if anyone's interested... Give me a ring and we can get you hooked up!

We've been looking at the new Body Glove gig bags as an alternative. We saw them at Summer NAMM and they looked very nice and pretty reasonably priced. We haven't yet decided to stock them, but they are the next best thing we've found...

Peace!

James