1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

After seeing Rush last night it all makes sense

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Beorht-Dana, Jun 28, 2007.

1. I now understand how Geddy Lee gets his warm, tender, juicy bass sound. He plays through rotisseries! The sweet, honey-glazed tone was delicious!
    [​IMG]

2. No image there man...
    use [] brackets instead of <> and do don't forget the / in the ending command

3. haha you fixed it anyways :p

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Weird....I'll be seeing Rush on Saturday. Will they give out free chicken? BTW, is that screen down in front of him a tele-prompter for the lyrics???

5. stevetx19

stevetx19

Sep 28, 2006
    Denton, Texas
    possibly...do you think anyone can remember 30+ years of song lyrics...?

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I figure that a band like that has done those songs thousands of times that it would just be second nature...

7. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    He dumped the dryers and went with rotisseries.

Until seeing behind the scenes footage from their recent DVD's I had no idea how funny these guys are. :p

If you haven't seen it already. Search You Tube for Geddy's sledding safety PSA (Public Service Announcement). It's a total hoot!

Great pic.

Buzz

8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

I don't understand. Why dryers, and now rotisseries?

9. He used to have his amps behind him, but when they switched to new stuff, they put his amps under the stage. He didn't like the absence of space behind him, so he put vending machines, washers, and driers behind him to fill the void.

10. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    I can't remember half of the stuff I said five minutes ago, let alone some of the lyrics to songs I've done over and over and over.

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Forgive my lack of Rush knowledge, but why did they put his amps under the stage?

12. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm sure it's an inside joke. Originally the dryers were from a very wet concert (Rio maybe?) where they were constantly drying stuff, so they thought they'd save time (and be funny) by putting them onstage.

I guess these guys get very hungry while playing.

13. Geddy wanted to "feel" his playing more. And also, now he does a direct in connection, so I don't think he even has any amps... just the speakers under the stage. I'm not sure if thats accurate though.

14. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    Salinas, CA
    Its either tabs to help get that Geddy vibe, or he's so automatic he's watching reruns of Heroes.

15. I think you mean "It ought to be second nature / At least that's how I feel / Now I lay me down in Dreamland / I know perfect's not for real." Thats kind of mistake Geddy might have made had he not had the lyrics right there for him.
    ;)

16. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    lol....:D

17. In all seriousness though, it was a great show. A little heavy on material from the new album for my tastes, but I won't complain about it. They played my two favorite songs, Limelight and Subdivisions, and the only thing that I can say I am REALLY disapointed I didn't get to hear was Vital Signs.

18. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    YYZ? :eyebrow: :bassist:

19. I don't see a keyboard, so I assume he's dumped keyboards completely for this tour and is going completely on tarus pedals. I assume the monitor dealays what the pedals are currently set to, as he's now pushing a lot of synths through those pedals.

Just a guess ^^

20. steve66

steve66

Sep 17, 2005
    South Florida
    They played YYZ at their concert in Florida

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021