1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

after whipping you guys for weeks over strings i finally bought my first set of flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by biff malibu, Mar 3, 2008.

1. and it is glorious.

bought a set of fender 9050ml's for my MIA jazz and they were just what i was wanting.

for those of you who recommended these to me in the past, you win :oops:

2. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I had them on my Jazz bass for quite a while. I liked them alot, especially when I first got back to playing bass. They are very easy on the fingers.

I'm glad you found strings you like! Congrats! ;)

3. tension, feel, gauge...and allows me the setup i like...its all here. oh and the sound is pretty happenin too :)

4. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Just wait a few more weeks when they die down. Mmmm, smooth, clear, yet punchy gobs of sonic bliss. Just you wait.

5. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Mmmm.... should of bought Chromes...:smug:

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'll get mine this weekend!

7. i originally set out for chromes bu GC didnt have them and my bass nerd friend said he didnt think i would like chromes. :meh:

funny though. the GC accessory dept guy didnt have a the slightest clue of what anything i was talking about. it was scary.

me: im looking for the super long 36inch scale chromes 45-100

him: chromes? is that the brand?

me: no its the model made by d'addario. it dosnt look like you have them. maybe i'll try something else unless you have some more not on display. what is the scale length on those rotosound 77's?

him: the whats? youre going to have point and show me which ones?

me: (pointing and play hot/cold game with him)

him: maybe you should just come around the counter and get what you want.

a gc accessory dept guy that dosnt know what a ****ing set of rotosounds looks like. thats scary.

8. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    The 45-100 chromes are the bomb...love em! Funny my GC always has chromes in 2-3 sizes in stock and everyone knows them and would never act like that clown. I get great service at mine for things like this. I tried Fender and SIT flats...tension way to high and they are not near as smooth or punchy as chromes...try the Fenders but get some chromes down the line...you'll be glad you did.

9. I like 9050's on my P-Basses but I prefer Chromes on my J-Basses and my Ibanez Artcore.