1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

aftermarket case for PT-Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Aug 20, 2012.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Anybody find a good hard case for their PT Pro, other than the OEM clamshell kind? I'm looking to find the type where the low profile case bottom stays on, and you just unlatch and remove the top cover. I found these guys on ebay, not bad for $129. I wonder if any of you guys have one or have tried one and can comment about the fit/quality etc..

I also looked up Brady cases via a friends recommendation, and they look killer, but I'm not ready to drop $250+ on a hard case at the moment. But if I was, that would be the go-to option for sure.

2. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    anybody have one of these island cases??

3. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I have little to no experience exactly what you want.....but the Mono Cases are softies that protect like the hard ons.

Other than that, when I built my DIY PTproish board, I bought an ATA Flight Case and kinda customized it to hold the board all snug like.

4. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    I owned the case you linked to - it's rather flimsy. If you were going to be touring or playing more than 1 show a week OR generally moving it around a lot, save up twice and get the Brady.

5. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks. It looked a little too good to be true, and it also looked a little janky. Gonna save up for the Brady or something similar. In the meantime, the soft bag with a couple towels to pad the top ain't too bad for local casuals.

6. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I never understood PedalTrain's logic of "Let's have the pedalboard and case be separate!" I got an NYC Pedalboards board and i couldn't be happier.

7. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    Well, it's cool because of cable routing through the slats in the board.

On another note, now that I'm a computer I can write out my experience with that case a little better - It's sturdy for light use. It's NOT ATA rated. If you just stood the case up on it's side you could move it and see it flex side to side. 1/4" plywood is just not that sturdy. I think Brady cases are 3/8" and I'm certain use better quality wood. It will last forever, and you could jump on it. Seriously.

8. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None

:confused: I have 14 pedals and a GigRig power supply on my 29"x18" board including a couple TB loops and cables/space isn't a hassle.
    I had a PT Pro originally and couldn't get past the fact that I had to take the board out of the case (which weighed as much as the loaded board) to play it. To each his own, I guess.

9. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I found it WAY easier to straighten stuff out taking the board out of the case. It was slightly bigger than the PT-Pro but the same exact design.

10. J.Wolf

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I really do not want to remove the board from the base, would much rather have the top come off. The mono ones look nice, if I already had a hc and wanted a soft bag, that would be a no brainer. My hesitancy with plunking down on A Brady is concerns about weight for flying. I don't know that a pro in their case fully loaded can happen for under 50 lbs.