1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ag GS112 and GK 1001RB - Where's Cheapest?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wardak, Mar 29, 2002.

1. I'm looking to order the amp and 2 of the cabs. Where are they available for the cheapest (with decent service)? I saw mention of:

GS112 - $299 Clearance/$325 Normal
    1001RB - $599 Clearance/$629 Normal

Anyone have scoop on this? I imagine it's possible to get close if I bought them all at once? Thanks.

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The GK 1001rb price looks pretty good. I bought mine from Musician's Friend 3 years ago for $640. Now, they go for about $750.

3. jamminji

jamminji

Mar 22, 2002
    I just bought a gk2000rb off ebay for $580. Two 1001rbs in one case.... well almost...hehe

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    where did you see the prices for the Aguilar??? the lowest i got was $365.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Jamminji,

Has your 2000rb been working well? That's the model that seemed to giving people problems, based on a number of posts that I've seen at this forum. Something about the power dropping out.

That's a killer amp. Plenty of of power, great one and growl, and good looks too.

6. jamminji

jamminji

Mar 22, 2002
    Well i have only had it for about 2 1/2 weeks but I have had it on for most of that time, practicing 3/4 hours in a shot, either practicing alone or with multiple bands. It has been working without a hitch.

jam

7. The good news is that at the last minute I changed my mind and went for a new GS410--I was on the fence really, but I now think I'll be happier with the 410 since I'm pretty sure I'd haul 2 GS112's each time anyway.

The "other news" is that less than 24 hours after I ordered a new one, I was offered a used GS410 (pristine, supposedly) for $575 + shipping. I suppose I could cancel the order and switch, but I won't. New I get the warranty and support, and I know how well I take care of my gear--so I'll rationalize the higher cost with that...

It's funny how you can take weeks or even months to research and decide on gear, but once you've decided, the 3 or 4 days to ship it seems like an eternity.