Ag GS112 and GK 1001RB - Where's Cheapest?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wardak, Mar 29, 2002.

1. I'm looking to order the amp and 2 of the cabs. Where are they available for the cheapest (with decent service)? I saw mention of:

GS112 - $299 Clearance/$325 Normal
    1001RB - $599 Clearance/$629 Normal

Anyone have scoop on this? I imagine it's possible to get close if I bought them all at once? Thanks.
  2. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The GK 1001rb price looks pretty good. I bought mine from Musician's Friend 3 years ago for $640. Now, they go for about $750.
  3. jamminji

Mar 22, 2002
    I just bought a gk2000rb off ebay for $580. Two 1001rbs in one case.... well almost...hehe
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    where did you see the prices for the Aguilar??? the lowest i got was $365.
  5. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Has your 2000rb been working well? That's the model that seemed to giving people problems, based on a number of posts that I've seen at this forum. Something about the power dropping out.

That's a killer amp. Plenty of of power, great one and growl, and good looks too.
  6. jamminji

Mar 22, 2002
    Well i have only had it for about 2 1/2 weeks but I have had it on for most of that time, practicing 3/4 hours in a shot, either practicing alone or with multiple bands. It has been working without a hitch.

7. The good news is that at the last minute I changed my mind and went for a new GS410--I was on the fence really, but I now think I'll be happier with the 410 since I'm pretty sure I'd haul 2 GS112's each time anyway.

The "other news" is that less than 24 hours after I ordered a new one, I was offered a used GS410 (pristine, supposedly) for $575 + shipping. I suppose I could cancel the order and switch, but I won't. New I get the warranty and support, and I know how well I take care of my gear--so I'll rationalize the higher cost with that...

It's funny how you can take weeks or even months to research and decide on gear, but once you've decided, the 3 or 4 days to ship it seems like an eternity.