1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AG tri112 vs Acme B2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I've done the search but no one seems to have done a direct head to head comparison. I'm sure the AG is more efficient but, giving them both as much power as they need, which will play the loudest?

2. It's not really about volume. They sound very different. The Tri112 is VERY mid voiced, with a tight and somewhat attenuated low end. The Acme has HUGE low end extension, and relatively attenuated mids relative to deep bass response (IMO).

The Tri112 will get louder with a moderate amount of watts (150-300). The Acme should be capable of at least as much volume with additional watts, but again, is much more wide and pure versus dark and punchy.

The top end of both cabs is similar... organic and more of a paper cone extension than a more aggressive, traditional two way cab with tweeter.

In general, in a busy mix, the Tri112 should sound quite a bit louder.

3. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    ...nice comparison:)

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    when i had both, i liked the acme better onstage, and the accu at home.

EQ'ing w/ the acme's 10" speakers, i was able to get a much nicer punch and whump that the tri112 couldnt do. flat out volume wise, the accu is louder, but frankly, the acme was better suited to EQ'ing.

the accu was smooth tho, and just chilling at home, i preferred its even-keeled sweet sound. if your onstage mix can afford you the opportunity of running the tri112 flat, its actually quite pleasing.