Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AG112 or Bergi HT112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GreyBeard, May 1, 2003.

1. I can get a new Bergi HT112 for $439 and I can get the Aggi 112 for $399 Both new. Which one would you buy?

2. I own a pair of GS112s.

IMO the Bergies are more accurate but the Aguilars have more low-end thump.

The GS112 is a fair bit more efficient - 102db vs. 97db. Both will handle 300 watts.

3. Where are you getting a new HT112 for that price?

4. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I got my GS112's for $369 each when I bought two, or they offered one for $379. I got them through Planet Bass. Friendly and fast service, as well.

I haven't tried the Bergi, so I can't compare, but I'm certainly happy with my GS112's.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    To my ears, the Bergie has a tighter, punchier bass, but does not go as deep as strongly as the Agie. The midrange sound is different. I would say the Agie's midrange is a little more mellow or a bit on the scooped side than the Bergie's. Above the midrange, the Bergie sounds better hands-down. If you play a four string, the difference of their respective low-ends will still be there (mainly in the mid-bass), but won't be quite as much an issue at the very bottom as it is with a 5 string.

I have heard others here say that the sound of two Bergie 1x12s (HT + EX) are to-die-for, but I only listened to the one HT112 (auditioned with a 5 string StingRay and an Agie DB750 head).

6. GB,
    "The sound of a Bergie HT and EX are to die for."
    :D

Proud owner.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Sounds WAY cheap for a Berg. I own the HT112 and like it very much. At those prices, I'd go with the Berg every time.

8. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I really like my Bergantino HT-112 plus EX-112 combination. As in it will do whatever I need. For just one 1x12 cab, I like my Epifani T-112 better than the Berg 112s.

Sorry, haven't tried the Aquilars, the alleged rap on them is that they fart out pretty easy, but that is second or third hand information only so YMMV.

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    At that price, I'd go for the Bergie! You can always sell it at that price if you don't like it. The Aggies you can always get for 350.00-400.00. The Bergie is a great cab!

10. No really. Where can you get a HT112 for $439? I'd like to take advantage of that price.

11. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    The lowest allowed price on the HT112 is $539, so I bet the $439 is a typo. The Aggie price is about right.:meh:

12. Unless its stolen.... Not matter how cheap they are, never buy stolen gear. Consider two things; One, think of the guy who payed for them originally. Two, its illegal!

13. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Maybe it's used!

14. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    That's more like the price for an EX112.

15. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    ditto Big string. Imo best little cabs ever.

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    HT112 is awesome. round glassy, bold and hifi.

the Aguilar is low end thump to the max. complex and sometimes raw in comparison. another great one. get both for a nice mix! ;)