again Bass POD and jstation

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Samie, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I know this has been talk about over and over, so I will want to make clear that I am not asking which one is best!

I mostly play Bass, everything from Rap to ethnic music, including pop, reggea, metal-rock and r&b. Mostly in recording, not interested in live music yet. I almost always go directly with my TRBIIF and I love the sound. however..

I want to hear from real people that use the bassPod or the Jstation for bass recording. Maybe you even have something I can hear.

I am intereste in the jstation also because I do have lots of guitarist coming in so it might be useful for them.

I am trying to convice myself that I don't need one of these things please, HELP!!
  2. Just say no! I have a bassPOD and am getting pleasing results with it. Overall feed back from engineers is that my recorded sound is improved and there are more tones available. I have also recorded some guitar and tictac bass using the bassPOD with good results.
  3. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Ok, I give up... I am getting one next month.. I really don't care anymore what it sounds like, I am not even going to hear it before I buy it. I don't have an amp and I am not going to buy one any time soon so what the heck...My home studio can use another toy.

I have been looking for homepages of Basspod users so if you have a Basspod and a homepage with some sounds of yor playing etc drop me a line.
  4. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    I just picked up a Bass Pod Pro rack mount and so far been very happy with it. Unfortunatly I did not get it in time for the completion of my solo CD. However, I am using it as a preamp in my rack with the Carvin R600 Head and RL410T bin and it works great. I also plan to use it on some upcoming session work and am excited about that. I tried a guitar pod when initially starting the project and was not happy with the sound in the studio. Nothing beats a guitar amp thourgh a mic. However, since about 1/2 of the material I have recorded has been direct, this device will prove to be invaluable. Because I have a wider varitey of tones that I can customize for whatever the session client wants, it makes the client happier. Well worth the investment.
  5. J-station SUX! I had to play thru one of those this weekend in a project studio and we spent 3 hours trying to get a decent tone, no luck, I reminded the guy that were running into 'golden time' and he relented and let me use my normal setup [lb50-george l-Bass POD-used both outs via XLR and mixed DI with model] 5 minutes later we were rolling bytes...20 minutes later he's happy with the tones and lines on 4 songs with fresh bass lines...ten more minutes I was packed, paid and on my way. Nuff said.
  6. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Another vote for the BassPOD.
  7. dblbassted

Mar 21, 2001
    Memphis, Tn.
    I've got a Bass POD that lives in my home studio and a Bass POD pro that lives in my rack. Beautiful tones. This box is way more versatile than I am. I wrote a review of it for It should still be up there somewhere.