Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

again Bass POD and jstation

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Samie, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I know this has been talk about over and over, so I will want to make clear that I am not asking which one is best!

I mostly play Bass, everything from Rap to ethnic music, including pop, reggea, metal-rock and r&b. Mostly in recording, not interested in live music yet. I almost always go directly with my TRBIIF and I love the sound. however..

I want to hear from real people that use the bassPod or the Jstation for bass recording. Maybe you even have something I can hear.

I am intereste in the jstation also because I do have lots of guitarist coming in so it might be useful for them.

I am trying to convice myself that I don't need one of these things please, HELP!!

2. Just say no! I have a bassPOD and am getting pleasing results with it. Overall feed back from engineers is that my recorded sound is improved and there are more tones available. I have also recorded some guitar and tictac bass using the bassPOD with good results.

3. Samie

Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    Ok, I give up... I am getting one next month.. I really don't care anymore what it sounds like, I am not even going to hear it before I buy it. I don't have an amp and I am not going to buy one any time soon so what the heck...My home studio can use another toy.

I have been looking for homepages of Basspod users so if you have a Basspod and a homepage with some sounds of yor playing etc drop me a line.

4. Jon Pomplin

Jon Pomplin

Mar 23, 2001
    Chicago
    I just picked up a Bass Pod Pro rack mount and so far been very happy with it. Unfortunatly I did not get it in time for the completion of my solo CD. However, I am using it as a preamp in my rack with the Carvin R600 Head and RL410T bin and it works great. I also plan to use it on some upcoming session work and am excited about that. I tried a guitar pod when initially starting the project and was not happy with the sound in the studio. Nothing beats a guitar amp thourgh a mic. However, since about 1/2 of the material I have recorded has been direct, this device will prove to be invaluable. Because I have a wider varitey of tones that I can customize for whatever the session client wants, it makes the client happier. Well worth the investment.

5. J-station SUX! I had to play thru one of those this weekend in a project studio and we spent 3 hours trying to get a decent tone, no luck, I reminded the guy that were running into 'golden time' and he relented and let me use my normal setup [lb50-george l-Bass POD-used both outs via XLR and mixed DI with model] 5 minutes later we were rolling bytes...20 minutes later he's happy with the tones and lines on 4 songs with fresh bass lines...ten more minutes I was packed, paid and on my way. Nuff said.

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Another vote for the BassPOD.
    -Dan

7. dblbassted

dblbassted

Mar 21, 2001
    Memphis, Tn.
    I've got a Bass POD that lives in my home studio and a Bass POD pro that lives in my rack. Beautiful tones. This box is way more versatile than I am. I wrote a review of it for www.bassically.net. It should still be up there somewhere.