1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Again with the Spiders!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dxb, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    I plugged in one of my 5-strings today in the practice room and played scales for a few minutes. Then out of the corner of my eye I noticed a large dark spot on the wall behind a table. I turned to see a freakishly big, furry spider that wasn't there moments earlier.

Thing is, this has happened several times before. I'll start playing bass and shortly afterward notice that a large spider has come out of its hiding place and is chilling in the middle of the room, staring at me. Coincidence? Paranoia? Or are spiders just attracted to my bass frequencies?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    pomegranesis, dbase and Spidey2112 like this.
  2. I doubt they're attracted to is as much as they are frightened out of wherever they were hiding by the vibration.

3. Play them the song of their people:

4. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    Perhaps. Or maybe they feel the vibrations and think there must be a huge fly stuck somewhere that they just gotta check out! I guess they could be drawn to my funky beat too. Next time it happens I'll have to see if the little sucker's waving a tiny cigarette lighter before I skoosh him! I could be wiping out legions of tiny fans! ;)

5. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Man if I had eight legs I bet I could dance.... Fianlly.... Just sayin’.....

47th Street, fhm555, J_Bass and 3 others like this.
  6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Can he hold sticks? Quick, fire your drummer.

Wisebass, TuneIn, two fingers and 8 others like this.
  7. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
  8. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    I would move.
    I've heard there are no spiders in condos above the tenth floor.

Henry Guckes likes this.
  9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    The lower frequencies have always moved me...

(I have to apologize for my kin... your playing probably stirred something in his arach-nads)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Maybe the spider wants to be a groupie. ;)

11. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Were you doing that Spider exercise?

:woot:

47th Street, Henry Guckes and dxb like this.
  12. tlc1976

tlc1976

Aug 2, 2016
    Michigan
    I think both, they sense activity and want to move. But then again, how many times have you come home to webs? I know I have. There has had to be considerable spider activity to make those webs. That one spider you crossed paths with, there are probably many more that you never see. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

I've been spraying the house with Ortho Home Defense a few times a year. It makes a huge difference. And put the lawn granules at the garage entry points. At the old house it made a big difference sealing up every spot I could find in the crawl space. Also stopped the mice.

dxb and pudge like this.
  13. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Good time to flatten 'em

14. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell

15. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK

StraffordMike likes this.
  16. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    I used to think that about ants, but I had an 11th floor apartment in Antibes for a while that had a serious ant problem. I think they were avoiding the spiders.

smogg likes this.
  17. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

Were you playing anything by Spiderbait?

OnederTone and smogg like this.
  18. I see a family of raccoons climbing the fire-escape ladder on a nearby apartment building late at night (early morning actually). That could be worse than spiders to have a raccoon come out of your cabinet whenever you practice the bass.

19. Hillarious!

Spidey2112 likes this.