1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AGC sound clips - live gospel

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by elros, Mar 14, 2008.

1. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Hello all,

I'd like to invite you to have a listen to three songs recorded on our recent tour. Here they are, on my web page at the top under the March 11th. heading.

These clips were recorded directly from the FOH desk (a huge MIDAS console) to my cheap Zoom H4 recorder, where the entire show was recorded directly to 192kbps mp3. Later I put it through cubase for a bit of compression. Still it sounds as it usually does when you record like this. Not quite balanced. But OK nonetheless.

The three clips are from three different venues, hence slightly different sound.

The choir is about 70-80 singers, they have four overhead mics and a number of hand-held SM57 mics.
    The band is one organist, one pianist, one on keys (wind, strings and synth), four horns (that is: two cornets, one alto sax, one baritone sax), two guitar players (one too many IMHO), one bass player (me) and one drummer.

For the curious: the bass used is my Surine Regency X 6-string together with the V-Bass through my Eden / AccuGroove rig.
    One the slow tune "We Give You Glory" I used the piezo pickup on the Surine, for that acoustic-like sound. You can perhaps hear it most clearly on the (very soft) intro.

Comments are welcome.

2. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Sunnyvale, CA.
    Engineer: AccuGroove Speakers & Amps
    Wonderful music & playing! You must of had a great time.

3. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Thank you, yes, we've had fun, we usually do. (and the AccuGroove rig rocks every night!)

The studio guys are mixing our new album these days, it should be ready sometime in mid-May. I'll have more sound clips then, probably.