aggie 112's vs GK Neo 112's vs Avatar 112's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lownote54, Aug 5, 2009.

1. lownote54

lownote54

Mar 7, 2009
    shopping for 2x 112's. haven't played thru any of 3 being considered. '76 P-bass to a aggie DB924 to GK800 for classic rock & blues.

looking for user opinions? thanks...

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    I would suggest you consider a Neox112T from genz benz. without a doubt the best 1x12 I have tried that doesn't have a mid driver.

That said, I think you would do very well to consider a pair of 3-way 12 with a 3012LF from Low Down Sound. It'll crush any of these at a similar price point (except the avatar really).

3. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Take a look at KJUNG's thread on the Schroeder 15+L (115L). It's a 1x15", 30 pound, 4 ohm cabinet that he considers to be the best 12" on the market.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    for a 112 I think the bergantino ht112 or epifani ul112 are very nice. berg is very clear on highs and epi has very light weight and great lows and good mids fair highs. I own the ht112 and aggie gs112's , but the aggie is "heavy" at 42 Lbs, but a durable speaker. I feel the bergie's are a bit more delicate and not as deep....

how is that for confusing??

p.s. I only tried out the epi's, next to a aggie gs112

5. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I'm also shopping for a good 1x12 cab and I'm considering these 3 choices for use with my Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0. Will be interesting to hear more opinions.

EDIT:

Sorry, I meant to add that I intend to use the 12 as an extension cabinet in conjunction with a 1x10.

Subscribing! :bassist:

6. To the OP - I'll toss out that the GS112 is a great choice, or at least a perfect baseline for comparing the others.

Beneath the Shuttle 3.0 I'd recommend a Neo option. IMO/IME you're likely to get more oomph, whereas other cabs will want more power.

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The 175 watts from the 3.0 will be enough to max out pretty much any single 12 out there except a custom fEarful type with long throw woofer. The others will all be displacement limited well before they reach their stated max power handling (usually of 300 watts). BTW the EA Wizzy 12 is well-worth considering at 29lbs with good low-mid grunt.

8. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I just edited my post to reflect that I intend on using it as an extension cab, so I should get the full 300 watts available.

Sorry about the confusion.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021