Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aggie cabinet question ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Sep 14, 2005.

1. OK. If you had a DB750 would you rather run it into two GS212's or one GS212 and one GS210?

With two GS212 cabinets would there be a possibility that it would not "cut through" enough ??

Thanks

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    lol

i dont think a 750 would not cut thru enough in any circumstance

it's really all a matter of personal taste. the 12" aggie gs cabs are very low end friendly, and as many have stated, they sometimes need a bit of eq to have cutting mids, (if that's what you want). The 750 does a really good job of cutting mids with a cut in the low end and the mids cranked and a bit of treble boost. The GS series 10" cabs are a totally different animal. The low end is there, but not as full as the 12" cabs. What they seem to excell in is a very agressive growly midrange with a present low mid character.

I'd try both, and personally i wouldn't hesitate to use either setup. However, i can't imagine needing more than a 212 with that amp. The 210 might not cut it on the louder gigs, but a 212 should hang with all but the loudest gigs.

3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I'm running a GS410 and GS212 ... and I'd REALLY miss the 10s if they weren't there. Which is a drag since the 2x12 is so much lighter.

The 2x12 by itself just doesn't have a lot of bite.

The 4x10 is still the core of my sound.