Aggie DB750, 4 for sale on Ebay, What's up?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by backseatbetty, Sep 30, 2005.

1. backseatbetty

Oct 12, 2002
    Today I noticed there a four DB750 for sale. What's the deal?
    Too big, too heavy? Leaning towards buying an Eden WT 800,

Cornelius :hyper:
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I am betting on it being weight issues.

"USA is producing a nation of wimps." :rolleyes: ;)

No; I can understand some people have back problems.

Also, different people have different priorities.

Myself? I'd love to tote a DB750 to every gig.

[Actually, I'd rather tote a Millennia TD-1 + Crown MA-2402 to every gig -- w/rack case aprx. 80 lbs.]

So far, I haven't had to deal with stairs very much, so I use a hand truck to very good benefit.
  3. backseatbetty

Oct 12, 2002

Just curious, is the Crown Macrotech 2402 still in production?
    There seems to be a problem with availability over here in Europe. Other than that to me it seems a beast of an amp!!

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Looks like they are still around, though rather expensive, even second-hand.

Do a google; looks like some for sale in the UK.

I do wish Crown would update them with Speakon connectors and a reasonable 'parallel' mode.
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Girlie-men! The 750 is just too much beef-n-cheese for most people. It's the same as when someone buys a wild animal and eventually figures out they are in way over their head!
  6. I was seriously considering jumping on the DB 750 bandwagon, but then I realized my AG500 does everything I need it to do.

I like money.
  7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

why question it? IMHO, nothing a nice folding cart wont fix. ;)
  8. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    my dream rig is an epifani ul410 and a db750 and it has been noted somewhere else that these probably weight about the same
  9. I guess I "zoned out" and posted this in another thread, but I'll add it here as well seeing it is relevant:

On the weight issue I found a final solution... racking the DB750 in an SKB roto-rack (I hate those friggin' things with a passion). Actually it distributes the weight very nicely and is a convenient and well-balanced two-handed load-in or out. That made a enough of a difference that I don't sweat the weight any longer. Recommended.
  10. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I wish I could afford one =/