Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aggie S410 impressions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Feb 24, 2006.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Today I received one of my 410 cabinets. The other won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday. My first impression was how tiny this cab is. I don't know how anyone can make one much smaller. I was pleasantly surprised to find plug in casters supplied also. I hooked up to a Kustom Groove 1200, tweaking the EQ as I went.
    I started out at low volumes, just in case a break in is required. I only worked up to medium volumes today. Very impressed with how "smooth" the horn is - integrating in the overall sound of the cab, unlike the 1st gen Avatars I had which always seemed a little separated from the mains. Lows were clean and solid, mids were dialed in without difficulty. In this short time spent with the cab, I think I'll be set for a long while, especially with 2 of them to go around. In just 3 hours of use, I swear the cab already sounds like it's going lower than when first plugged in. Maybe all in my head...Even after stacking, I think this rig will look more like an mini stack than a full one. Can't wait for #2. I need a big gig.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I've got one coming to fill out the backline at a friend's house I jam at ... will post a review. At the prices MF is selling those for, seemed like a no brainer.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I just recieved mine this past Tuesday. I only got to mess around with it for about 25 minutes, but I was VERY impressed with how it sounded in my living room. I've honestly only played through one cabinet which I preferred over the Aggie, and that was an Eden XLS. I get to gig the new Aggie twice this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm almost tempted to take this weekend's gig money and order a 2x10 to put on top of it. :D

I definatley agree about the horn - Very impressive sounding and smooth.