1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aggie S410 impressions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Feb 24, 2006.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Today I received one of my 410 cabinets. The other won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday. My first impression was how tiny this cab is. I don't know how anyone can make one much smaller. I was pleasantly surprised to find plug in casters supplied also. I hooked up to a Kustom Groove 1200, tweaking the EQ as I went.
    I started out at low volumes, just in case a break in is required. I only worked up to medium volumes today. Very impressed with how "smooth" the horn is - integrating in the overall sound of the cab, unlike the 1st gen Avatars I had which always seemed a little separated from the mains. Lows were clean and solid, mids were dialed in without difficulty. In this short time spent with the cab, I think I'll be set for a long while, especially with 2 of them to go around. In just 3 hours of use, I swear the cab already sounds like it's going lower than when first plugged in. Maybe all in my head...Even after stacking, I think this rig will look more like an mini stack than a full one. Can't wait for #2. I need a big gig.

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I've got one coming to fill out the backline at a friend's house I jam at ... will post a review. At the prices MF is selling those for, seemed like a no brainer.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I just recieved mine this past Tuesday. I only got to mess around with it for about 25 minutes, but I was VERY impressed with how it sounded in my living room. I've honestly only played through one cabinet which I preferred over the Aggie, and that was an Eden XLS. I get to gig the new Aggie twice this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm almost tempted to take this weekend's gig money and order a 2x10 to put on top of it. :D

I definatley agree about the horn - Very impressive sounding and smooth.