Aggie vs David Eden (410) shootout!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by newbalance802, May 25, 2002.

1. newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    Hi-this is chris from seattle. Im thinking about some change. I have an eden410 and an eden 115.People say they sound great.I want better!!!!how do the aggies compared to the edens? I am also thinking of getting a Demeter pre with a 1500 watt amp.Any suggs for power amps? I want to know if anyones a/b'd the eden stack vs an aggie stack. thanks guys
  2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Well, hush hsuh, but as I understand it, Aguilar sort of copied Eden's 410XLT. The XLT is a bit more aggressive/middy than the Aguilar. Thats really the main difference, in my opinion.
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Eden's were always too aggressive and woolly for me. they feel almost too stuffy. like the amp tone struggles to get out of a cab that has its own very colored voicing.

Aguilar's are catagoried in that "low-mids" vein of the Eden, but isnt as aggressive. it also has a nice hifi-ness that gives it a relaxed airy top end that lets things breathe a bit. besides, you can actually tell what amp you're using. ;)
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Eden. I like em' enough to have two D-410XLTs. Nice stuff for sure. Punchy and low, these things rock the house, every time.
  5. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own a 210 XLT, a 410 XLT and a 210 MBX and have another 210 XLT in layaway. Eden cabs really work for me.

I A/B'd the Eden cabs with the Aguilar 210 and 410 and prefered the Eden cabs for electric bass. I thought the 210 Aguilar would be a great sounding cabinet for upright but then I got an Eden 210 MBX at a great price and it sounds amazing for upright bass.

I use Demeter and SWR Grand Prix preamps and Stewart power amps.

Really you need to just trust your own ears when it comes to tone. You may hate my tone.

Joker and I are fast becoming friends as we visit the same forums and he does not like the Eden cabinets. Does that make me wrong? Nope! Does that make Joker wrong? Nope! Just different opinions and I know him well enough to know that he put the same amount of thought into his opinion as I did mine.

Please check the cabinets out for yourself if you possibly can.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Chuck, the joker is wrong. That said, I'd look at Euphonic Audio, not Aguilar, if I was going to slide down the slippery slope away from Eden cabs. But it ain't gonna happen. On the amp side, I'd definitely (note correct spelling) look at Aguilar.
  7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Yes, my name is Joker, and I am wrong... :(

lol! hehe... but seriously, i think i should re-edit's me post, and just say that Eden's are great cabs that have a different voicing for me. Munji and Chris prolly rock the house with 'em, while i do the Aggie shuffle. :D just depends on YHO. so go try 'em.

oh yea, and to kinda add to my last post, to my ears, Aggie's definitely dont have that curvaceous low mid thump that people crave Eden's for. so if you try Aggie, you might be a little disappointed.

yet, like Munji-man said, aguilar's might not be far enough from the Eden tree. EA's a good start. but honestly, if your tone's pretty happenin', i'd just stick with the cabs you got. they seem like a killer pairing at any hoot. a nice spoonful of Maalox should do the trick. ;)
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well...the thing is that Aguilar makes one 410, while Eden makes 3 different ones!

If you compare them all, it's fair, if you only compare the Eden 410 XLT to the GS 410, it's not an accurate and fair comparison!

You have to take into account the differences between the Eden 410 T, 410 XLT, and 410 XST.

That said, I've had the opportunity to audition ALL of them, including the Aguilar GS 410 (which is a wonderful cab). I OWN the Eden D 410 XST, which in my opinion is hands-down the best of the four! :D

If I had to choose between the Eden D 410 XLT and the GS 410, it would be difficult, they are actually fairly similar, the XLT is a bit more middy to my ears. When you throw the XST into the mix, it's not even a fair fight! More lows, no "hump" in the mids, handles more 410 out there right now, IMO.

Of course your opinion may vary from mine! ;)
  9. newbalance802

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the opinions.I went and checked out the aguilar and decided to stick wih my edens. Better for my style and sound.Im just too damn spoiled with my gear anyways.I should use the money I save on gear and get some decent clothes!haha
  10. Dude, if you're getting rif of those eden's I've got a home for ' long as the price tag's not on them....:D J/k....